Our List of Top 100 Famous Love Quotes of All Time
The following is our collection of Quotes about Love or Romance that we feel are the top quoted quotes of all time. We have not placed these quotes in any particular order. Make sure to check them ALL out, they're Great!
- There is only one happiness in life—to love and be loved.
- I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you.
- When you are in love you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.
- Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love.
- Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.
- You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly.
- If you judge people, you have no time to love them.
- Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.
- The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.
- Love one another and you will be happy; it is as simple and as difficult as that.
- You have to walk carefully in the beginning of love; the running across fields into your lover’s arms can only come later when you’re sure they won’t laugh if you trip.
- Love is only a dirty trick played on us to achieve continuation of the species.
W. Somerset Maugham
- I love thee to the depth and breadth and height my soul can reach.
Elizabeth Barrett Browning
- Who, being loved, is poor?
- There is no remedy for love but to love more.
Henry David Thoreau
- Women wish to be loved not because they are pretty, or good, or well-bred, or graceful, or intelligent, but because they are themselves.
Henri Frederic Amiel
- Love: the irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired.
- For you see, each day I love you more. Today more than yesterday and less than tomorrow.
- But to see her was to love her, love but her, and lover her forever.
- You never lose by loving. You always lose by holding back.
Barbara De Angelis
- At the touch of love, everyone becomes a poet.
- For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.
- To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.
- Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.
- In dreams and in love there are no impossibilities.
- Love is like a friendship caught on fire: in the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable.
- Do I love you because you’re beautiful, or are you beautiful because I love you?
- Love doesn’t make the world go ‘round; love is what makes the ride worthwhile.
Franklin P. Jones
- Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other but in looking outward together in the same direction.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery
- If you would be loved, love and be lovable.
- Never let a problem to be solved become more important than a person to be loved.
- There is always some madness in love, but there is also always some reason in madness.
- True love comes quietly without banners or flashing lights. If you hear bells, get your ears checked.
- Absence diminished little passions and increases great ones, as a wind extinguishes candles and fans a fire.
Francois de La Rochefoucauld
- A baby is born with a need to be loved and never outgrows it.
Frank A. Clark
- Where there is love there is life.
Mohandas K. Gandhi
- Love is absolute loyalty. People fade, looks fade, but loyalty never fades. You can depend so much on certain people, you can set your watch by them. And that’s love, even if it doesn’t seem very exciting.
- What I feel for you seems less of earth and more of a cloudless heaven.
- Anyone can be passionate, but it takes real lovers to be silly.
- Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind, And therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.WilliamShakespeare
- In the arithmetic of love, one plus one equals everything, and two minus one equals nothing.
- Where we love is home; home that our feet may leave, but not our hearts.
Oliver Wendell Holmes
- Love is everything it’s cracked up to be. That’s why people are so cynical about it. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for. And the trouble is, if you don’t risk anything, you risk even more.
- Once a man has won a woman’s love, the love is his forever. He can only lose the woman.
- Nobody has ever measured, even poets, how much love a heart can hold.
- Love, and a cough, cannot be hid.
- Before I met my husband, I’d never fallen in love. I’d stepped in it a few times.
- The love game is never called off on account of darkness.
- Love: a temporary insanity curable by marriage.
- The course of true love never did run smooth.